Friday, March 12, 2010

Talk to me, Hero

Well I dusted off an old project of mine - a book I started writing about a year ago. I don't know if I was frustrated by the fact that there are so many ways to write my story or how to go about getting it done from beginning to end.

I'm not sure if I am doing it correctly. Is there such a thing as the 'correct' way? Or maybe I just haven't found my writing style, or my voice yet.

My husband finds it funny how I prepare my characters in the book. I would actually 'interview' them. I'd write out
a bunch of questions to 'ask' my hero or villains, sit them down in an empty chair across from me and just ask away. It's amazing! They 'speak' to me and I come away with a lot of information and even some surprising facts for my story.

Does anyone else do this to gain information from their characters?

Even if my husband (and possibly you) think I'm nuts - it works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment